Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reflection for Sept 11

As we're preparing for the year, we talk in class about expectations, organization and preparing for tests etc. As part of one of my discussions I asked my students "If the teacher didn't tell you what was going to be on a test, how many of you think you would be able to figure it out?" Very few kids put up there hands (approx 20 %) I was surprised by this. We think that kids have an understanding of what is expected of them but I think it is still a big mystery.

While going over the learning outcomes for the year I asked the students if they knew what a learning outcome was? Very few knew what the were (only a couple of kids). Again I found this to be surprising considering how much time we have spent on assessment for learning this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment